We need your help for children in Gaza
Intense conflict in Gaza has led to enormous humanitarian needs and displaced hundreds of thousands of people.
Since the start of the conflict on July 8:
– More than 1,975 Palestinians have been killed, at least 459 whom were children.
– 64 Israeli soldiers and two Israeli civilians and one foreign national have been killed.
– 9,538 people have been injured; 2,877 of them children.
– 365,000 people are currently seeking shelter, the majority of whom are hosted in UNRWA Schools designated as emergency shelters;
– 16,700 homes have been damaged or destroyed, leaving more than 100,000 homeless.
– More than 373,000 children require direct and specialized psychosocial care.
– 25 schools were damaged or destroyed, forcing the delay of the school year, which was to start in September
There has been massive destruction of infrastructure and homes. Healthcare facilities are operating beyond capacity with few supplies left, and they are facing severe shortages in water and power services. The United Nations says over 370,000 Palestinian children in need of “psycho-social first aid” and World Vision mourns the loss of five sponsored children in this conflict.
Your gift today will help provide urgently needed medical supplies to private hospitals, as well as food and hygiene kits to displaced families. World Vision also provides Child-Friendly Spaces so that children can play, express their feelings, and receive counseling to overcome the traumatic events they’ve experienced.
Please pray for the children devastated by this crisis, and give a gift to help children and their families today.
World Vision has been working in the Holy Land since 1975 serving the poor and marginalized and is committed to advocating for the improved well-being of children as well as empowering Palestinian and Israeli voices that advocate for peace and justice. World Vision is currently working in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza areas.