Urgent Help Needed for Children in Syria
As many of you have seen in the paper this week, the refugee crisis due to the Syrian conflict has captured international attention. I want to assure you that World Vision has been, and will continue to provide critical support to the people impacted by this ongoing crisis.
Now in its fifth year, the crisis in Syria has unleashed one of the worst humanitarian crises in modern history. Roughly 12 million people have been displaced by the fighting and are in desperate need of assistance. That’s more than double the number of people impacted by the Indian Ocean tsunami, the Haiti earthquake, or Hurricane Katrina.
Children are the largest and most vulnerable group affected by the Syria crisis, yet their needs are often unmet. A generation of children is at risk of being lost — lost to displacement, lost to poverty, lost to the worst forms of child labor and other forms of exploitation.
Please pray for all the people impacted by this crisis and for our World Vision team in Syria. If you would like to assist us in our efforts to reach those in need, please follow the link below. Your gift can help in the following ways:
- $15 can provide a blanket to a refugee.
- $50 can provide a refugee with food for one month.
- $55 can provide a family with clean, safe water using a water filter.
- $100 can help provide a learning program for refugee children, preparing them for school.
- $250 can help establish a safe space for children to play and begin healing from trauma.
- $325 can provide newly-arrived refugees with the basics they need to survive their first month.
- $3,875 can keep a Child-Friendly Space running for 1 month, providing a safe place for 120 children to play.
The media coverage of the crisis this week has brought international attention to a region that is in critical need of our support. Please give a gift today and share this with your networks – together, our combined efforts can bring hope to children who desperately need it.