Top 5 Reasons to Join This Friday’s Advocacy CallAs we continue to advocate for the Water for the World Act (H.R. 2901), we are excited to provide a conference call opportunity to talk about the need for increased advocacy around the bill in the next two months and to offer guidance and support for effective advocacy. We’ll share stories of how WOV have advocated for this bill and give you clear steps about what you can do next. Join us! [symple_box color=”green” text_align=”left” width=”50%” float=”none”]Date: Friday May 23rd
Time: 9am PT/12pm ET
Call-in Details: 1-888-669-2803
5. Learn how you can help get clean water to the world’s most marginalized communities. Our donations have an amazing impact in World Vision communities, but when we engage in advocacy, we can take our impact to scale. Join us this Friday to learn how the Water for the World Act would improve U.S. water investments and help give the world’s most marginalized communities access to clean water. Lisa Bos, World Vision’s Senior Policy Advisor for Health and WASH, will be on hand to answer all of your questions.
4. Hear from one of your own. Lynne Cassell of Women of Vision Chicago will share her chapter’s recent experience meeting with their Congressional Representative, Peter Roskam, about the Water for the World Act. She’ll have some great tips and encouragement about how to engage your own chapter in effective advocacy for the Water for the World Act.
3. Time is running out. In order to pass the Water for the World Act before this year’s Congressional session ends, we need to build on some critical momentum in the next two months. Friday’s call will prepare you to advocate during this critical time with calls, meetings, and even op-eds in your local paper.
2. We’ve come a long way. You’ll get a quick update on all the wonderful advocacy we’ve done so far and the impact your voices have made!
1. Tools and tips for your chapter. We’ll outline specific steps your chapter can take and make sure you have all the tools and tips you’ll need to be successful! We’ll discuss different strategies you can take with your representatives if they are not yet a cosponsor of the bill or even if they are (there’s still more you can ask them to do to help pass this bill!).