Child mortality: Top causes, best solutions
This month the World Vision magazine shared about the top causes and best solutions to child mortality. While the child mortality rate is decreasing, World Vision believes that more can – and should – be done. Every five seconds, a child younger than 5 dies. Read the full article.
Six solutions to the most preventable causes of under-5 deaths, according to WHO:
1. Immediate and exclusive breastfeeding
2. Skilled attendant for antenatal, birth, and postnatal care
3. Access to nutrition and micronutrients
4. Family knowledge of danger signs in a child’s health
5. Water, sanitation, and hygiene
Today, there are places where parents are agonizing over the health of their children. Let us be thankful for the healthy children we know in our lives. And let us pray for children’s health around the world.